Over the last few months, I’ve been becoming more and more interested in green and natural beauty. Originally I attributed it to being vegan and trying to live a greener lifestyle. Now I know that it must have to do with my incredible experience interning at a wonderful all-natural, vegan skincare line, SkinOwl. If you want to learn more about what I do for SkinOwl, let me know in the comments and I can write a more detailed post dedicated to my experience there, otherwise, you can just check out some of the blog posts I’ve written for the SkinOwl blog here.
Recently, the SkinOwl team took a trip up to San Francisco for an order delivery and girls’ trip. It was a blast. During our city adventure, we stopped at one of our retailers, Credo. I was really excited to look around because Credo is a green beauty retailer, and I’ve really never tried much green beauty other than SkinOwl. Although I was so excited to explore, I was honestly totally lost among all these brands I’d never heard of or tried, a rare feeling for a beauty lover. I did pick up a few makeup bits, a haul is coming up soon, but I thought I’d put together a post about some of the green beauty things that I found particularly intriguing.
5 Natural Beauty Bits Intriguing Me
- Rahua is an all-natural hair care line based upon the Rahua oil, an oil rich and reparative for the hair. Being a long standing user of Lush hair products, I was particularly interested in upping my natural haircare game. This particular product caught my eye because my hair has needed an extra bit of love recently and a deep conditioning detox treatment seems like the right fix. Plus the founder of SkinOwl, Annie Tevelin loves and uses their line, so they must be on to something!
- One Love Organics is a skincare line full of sensitive skin friendly and effective formulas. I’m personally interested in trying their Vitamin C Brightening Facial Serum, I think it would be perfect for adding some luminosity to my skin as well as reducing some acne scarring. I’m also intrigued by their Vitamin B Cleansing Oil, because who doesn’t like effortless makeup removal.
- Vapour Organic Beauty is a brand dedicated to a natural glowy look, perfect for Summer! What makes me interested in this brand is their determination to change the organic makeup game. They are successfully challenging the idea that you have to sacrifice performance when choosing natural makeup. The products that caught my eye are the Aura Classic Multi Use lip and cheek stain as well as their Mesmerize Eye Colors. This brand screams effortlessly beautiful and I’m loving it!
- Mahalo is a Hawaiian brand dedicated to bringing the natural elements of Hawaii to your skincare routine. I love how many masks this line has. The PELE Detoxifying Mask peaked my interest with its use of volcanic ash clay to draw out impurities in the skin. Personally, nothing beats a good face mask.
- May Lindstrom Skin is a brand all about revealing radiant skin. With a focus on individual beauty, this brand has something for everyone and every skin type. Again with my mask obsession, the Honey Mud mask is what I’m interested in. The idea of mixing honey and clay seems really innovative and perfect for blemish prone skin like mine.
At the moment, I’m super interested in green beauty. I like the idea of bringing together natural ingredients with all their different properties in order to create something beautiful for the skin. So far I’ve been impressed with the natural formulas I’ve tried, so I’m definitely looking forward to getting my hands on some of these soon. What’s your favorite natural skincare brand or product? Let me know in the comments below. Also if you’re interested in reading my last post about green beauty, check it out here!
*Some of the links I provide for reader convenience are affiliate links which I include to provide a better customer experience.